At the end of the Rio Summer Olympics in 2016, Usain Bolt is the undisputed fastest man on earth and has accomplished an Olympic feat no one has ever managed by winning three athletics golds in three consecutive Olympics!
Watch this short video; I briefly touch upon 3 business lessons that you can learn from Usain Bolt’s successes:
Below I have expanded this and given a total of 6 business lessons:
- Being the best you can be is essential, but evidently having fun doing so is the stuff of brilliance!
- Where you end up must not be limited by your perception of where you started from.
- Be proudly rooted in your culture. This is what breeds and sustains authenticity.
- Spend more time connecting and experiencing with your fan base, i.e. customers and admirers than your competitors do.
- Insist on giving back to your local community. If you don’t champion their cause with your fame and connections, no one else will.
- Above all, it’s all about speed! The speed with which you bring products to market, the speed with which you connect with and sell to your prospects and customers. Speed doesn’t kill, it’s carelessness that does! If speed killed, most people who’ve ever travelled by air or on a high speed train would be dead by now.
Share your experiences too. It’s not all doom and gloom!
Dr Fatai Badmus has over three decades’ professional experience on three continents. He was a medical practitioner for 11 years before fully focusing on business and is now the Info Solutions Provider and BANKCODE Certified & Licensed Sales Velocity Trainer & Consultant.